Stanton man charged with seven burglaries including theft of Harley-Davidson motorcycles and stamps
- Credit: Getty Images/moodboard RF
A 50-year-old man has been charged with seven burglaries across west Suffolk in which a shotgun, two Harley-Davidson motorcycles and a sliver tea set were among the items stolen.
Stephen Paul Mainwaring, from Stanton, was charged with the offences, which all occurred in July and August, on Friday.
The burglaries took place in Ixworth, Stowlangtoft and Bury St Edmunds, according to Suffolk Constabulary.
Other items stolen were jewellery, cash, bags containing postcards, stamps and correspondence, wine, tools, two cars and four carriage clocks.
On Thursday, officers arrested Mainwaring and an 18-year-old man in connection with the incidents.
A 46-year-old woman was also arrested on suspicion of possession of criminal property.
The 18-year-old man and the woman have now been released under investigation.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 3 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 4 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 5 Villages shock as seven Suffolk postboxes stolen in 10 days
- 6 'Ludicrous' - Stanley boss on 'big turning point' in Town loss
- 7 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
- 8 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 9 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 10 6 roadworks to avoid in Suffolk this week
Officers are continuing to search an address in Shepherds Grove Industrial Estate, Stanton, today in connection with the probe.
Mainwaring was due to appear before Ipswich Magistrates Court today.