Star cars revealed for James Bond
- Credit: supplied
Jaguar Land Rover has announced its line-up of star cars set to feature in Spectre, the 24th James Bond adventure.
These will include the Jaguar C-X75, Range Rover Sport SVR and Defender Big Foot, which have been provided by Jaguar Land Rover Special Operations.
The Jaguar C-X75 will feature in a spectacular car chase sequence through Rome alongside the Aston Martin DB10. The C-X75 vehicles used in filming have been built in collaboration with Williams Advanced Engineering facility in Oxfordshire.
Scenes including the heavily-modified versions of Land Rover Defender and Range Rover Sport SVR have already been filmed in Austria. The Range Rover Sport SVR is the fastest and most powerful Land Rover ever. The highly-capable Big Foots were constructed by Special Operations with huge 37in diameter off-road tyres to tackle the extreme terrain. They also feature bespoke suspension systems and enhanced body protection.
John Edwards, managing director of Jaguar Land Rover Special Operations, said: “This is an exciting partnership for Jaguar Land Rover and an opportunity to demonstrate the fantastic capabilities of the Special Operations team.”
You may also want to watch:
Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles have been involved in a succession of Bond films. Most recently, in 2012, the rugged Defender 110 Double Cab Pick Up was driven by field agent Eve Moneypenny in the opening sequence to Skyfall.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 5 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 6 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 7 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 8 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 Elections 2021: Tim Passmore re-elected Suffolk Police and Crime Commissioner
- 10 Inside Suffolk's own Repair Shop