Spot yourself: Felixstowe hosts Steampunk Halloween festival
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
It’s futuristic, classical and steam-powered - it is the Felixstowe Steampunk Halloween Festival taking place at Landguard Fort this weekend.
The festival, which celebrates Steampunk, a blending of Victorian fashion with technological advancement, was a roaring success.
Dozens of punters turned up to Landguard Fort and Felixstowe Museum in their Steampunk finery.
Last night featured a Night of the Macabre with visitors exploring dark tunnels and rooms packed before a “weird and whacky” cabaret show.
There was live music, magic shows, birds of prey, a Meccano display, hamster racing and Wild-West style shoot-outs.
Children learnt archery, met Bob the Steampunk Dog and solved the pumpkin quiz trail.
The adults were invited to visit the Time Travelling Tea Tent, explored the Steampunk marketplace and enjoyed the wacky Wattingers.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 3 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
- 4 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 5 A12 blocked following two vehicle crash
- 6 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 7 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143
- 8 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village
- 9 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 10 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
The festival will continue on throughout the today.