Spot yourself: Felixstowe hosts Steampunk Halloween festival
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
It’s futuristic, classical and steam-powered - it is the Felixstowe Steampunk Halloween Festival taking place at Landguard Fort this weekend.
The festival, which celebrates Steampunk, a blending of Victorian fashion with technological advancement, was a roaring success.
Dozens of punters turned up to Landguard Fort and Felixstowe Museum in their Steampunk finery.
Last night featured a Night of the Macabre with visitors exploring dark tunnels and rooms packed before a “weird and whacky” cabaret show.
There was live music, magic shows, birds of prey, a Meccano display, hamster racing and Wild-West style shoot-outs.
You may also want to watch:
Children learnt archery, met Bob the Steampunk Dog and solved the pumpkin quiz trail.
The adults were invited to visit the Time Travelling Tea Tent, explored the Steampunk marketplace and enjoyed the wacky Wattingers.
- 1 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 2 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 3 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 4 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 5 'I absolutely want to be part of it' - Skipper Chambers on Cook and his Town future
- 6 Giant Noah's Ark stuck on Ipswich Waterfront
- 7 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 8 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 9 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years
- 10 Careless driver who caused fatal crash is jailed
The festival will continue on throughout the today.