It’s no joke! Free tickets to comedy show for best gag
- Credit: Archant
Have you heard the one about winning free tickets to a comedy show for telling the best joke?
Well, this one is no gag – for comedians Olly Day and Nigel ‘Boy’ Syer really are offering people free entry to their upcoming Suffolk show for making them laugh.
The pair will perform at Stonham Barns’ new purpose-built AMP Theatre, run by the venue’s resident entertainer Alex Morley.
Mr Day, who has headlined at the famous end of season show at Cromer Pier for over a decade, inspired Mr Morley to become an entertainer when he visited his primary school nearly 20 years ago.
Now Mr Morley has returned the favour by inviting Mr Day to perform a one-off show at his own theatre.
You may also want to watch:
The best joke submitted in advance by residents will be aired on stage, with the winner also getting a free pair of tickets.
Mr Day said: “I am looking forward to seeing the best jokes that Suffolk has to offer.”
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 3 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 5 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 6 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 7 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 8 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 9 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections
- 10 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
Jokes should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before March 14. The winner will be announced and notified on March 15.
Tickets for the show are £12.50 per person.
The show lasts approximately 2hrs and 20mins, including an interval.