It’s no joke! Free tickets to comedy show for best gag
- Credit: Archant
Have you heard the one about winning free tickets to a comedy show for telling the best joke?
Well, this one is no gag – for comedians Olly Day and Nigel ‘Boy’ Syer really are offering people free entry to their upcoming Suffolk show for making them laugh.
The pair will perform at Stonham Barns’ new purpose-built AMP Theatre, run by the venue’s resident entertainer Alex Morley.
Mr Day, who has headlined at the famous end of season show at Cromer Pier for over a decade, inspired Mr Morley to become an entertainer when he visited his primary school nearly 20 years ago.
Now Mr Morley has returned the favour by inviting Mr Day to perform a one-off show at his own theatre.
The best joke submitted in advance by residents will be aired on stage, with the winner also getting a free pair of tickets.
Mr Day said: “I am looking forward to seeing the best jokes that Suffolk has to offer.”
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 3 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 4 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 5 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Stanley win
- 7 Police arrest driver after single car crash
- 8 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 9 'It's an important win' - McKenna on 2-1 victory against Accrington
- 10 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
Jokes should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before March 14. The winner will be announced and notified on March 15.
Tickets for the show are £12.50 per person.
The show lasts approximately 2hrs and 20mins, including an interval.