Stormtroopers and droids descend on Colchester Rollerworld for special fundraising event
- Credit: Su Anderson
Star Wars fans were able to meet some of their heroes – and villains – from the latest film at Rollerworld in Colchester at the weekend.
A special event in aid of charity was held on Saturday between noon and 5pm off the back of the release of Episode VII: The Force Awakens, with characters like R2-D2, Stormtroopers and Kylo Ren present.
Events manager at Rollerworld, Joe Astell, said the event had been very popular.
“It was brilliant,” he said. “There must have been 600 people there. More than 500 is always a good day.
“All the kids loved to get photos. The fan-favourites were the Stormtroopers but there was a R2-D2 droid that the kids loved.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Astell said there was also a brief lightsaber battle between some of the characters and the session was a bit of a change for the centre as it usually runs evening events.
Money raised from the event, which is still being counted, will go to Invasion Colchester, a charity day later this year which supports Colchester Hospitals and St Helena Hospice.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 3 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 4 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 5 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 6 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 7 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 8 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 9 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said
- 10 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth