Stow Maries: Man is attacked by group of 10 at Brownstock festival – police appeal for information
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
A man was pulled to the ground and kicked in the face during an attack by 10 men at a music festival in Stow Maries, Essex.
Police are now appealing for information in relation to the assault, which happened between 11.30pm and midnight on Saturday, at the Brownstock Festival.
The 30-year-old man, who is from the Chelmsford area, was at the event with friends when he was attacked in a dance tent.
He sustained deep cuts to his face which required stitches.
Investigating officer, detective constable Jonathan Robinson, said: “I’m hoping that other festival-goers may have witnessed this attack which happened in the yellow and blue dance tent later on Saturday night.
You may also want to watch:
“I urgently need them to come forward with any information they might have as the victim has sustained some significant injuries.”
People with information should call Chelmsford CID on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 4 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 5 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 6 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 7 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 8 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 9 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 10 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village