Popular Stowmarket gym closes after owners left with ‘no alternatives’
- Credit: Archant
A gym in Stowmarket connected to a popular health centre will close its doors for the last time after owners say they were left with “no alternatives” due to poor business.
Allactive Gym, which is located in Stowhealth centre in Violet Hill Road, will close on New Year's Day due to the business being no longer economically viable.
It is not yet known if there will be any job losses.
With a doctor's surgery next door, the gym is popular with people nervous about exercising in case of being taken ill.
Partners at Stowhealth list the gym's economic viability as the main reason for the closure.
You may also want to watch:
In a post on their website, a spokesperson said: "It is with deep regret that we have to inform you the partners of Stowhealth have made the very difficult decision to close Allactive Gym.
"We have been very proud of our gym and the successes our members have achieved over the past 10 years, but as the gym sadly is no longer economically viable we have been left with no alternative but to close with effect from January 1, 2020. "We realise that this will be of great disappointment to our loyal members, many of whom have developed good working relationships with our gym instructors.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 7 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 8 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 9 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 10 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
"We are currently investigating the possibility of discounted rates with another gym offering similar classes and will let you know if an agreement can be reached.
"We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support and hope that this will not deter you from continuing with regular exercise elsewhere."