Stowmarket barbers has 'record day' as customers rush back
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
Chapmans hairdressers and barbers in Stowmarket had a busy first day back in business as Covid restrictions eased - describing it as its best ever day.
A much-needed haircut has been a long time coming for customers growing weary of their unkempt locks.
Queues could be seen outside most barbershops and salons.
Sharon Chapman, owner of Chapmans, said: “Last night we were so excited we couldn’t sleep.
"It was like when you are waiting to go to the airport before a holiday and you wake up every hour.
Queues were also seen outside barbershops in Sudbury.
Alex Dowse, 20, said he had to wait nearly two hours to get his hair cut - but said it was "definitely" worth the wait.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 2 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 3 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 4 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 5 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk coast ahead of expected high tide
- 6 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 7 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 8 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 9 'Fans are disgruntled - I understand it' - Cook on Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s
- 10 West Suffolk's Covid rate rises to become highest in county