Stowmarket: Four cleared over alleged car park assault
FOUR people accused of assaulting an off-duty doorman outside a Stowmarket nightspot have been found not guilty.
During the incident in the car park of the Riverside Club, Tony Mitchell, who had been out with his girlfriend and some friends, was allegedly knocked to the ground and surrounded by a group of people who he described as “sticking the boot in”.
Before Ipswich Crown Court were Scott Lorimer, 34, of Meadow Close, Stowmarket, his brother David Lorimer, 22, of The Green, Wattisham, Michael Coulson, 28, of The Causeway, Hitcham, and Roxanne Collins, 23, of Wren Close, Stowmarket.
They all denied assaulting Mr Mitchell causing him actual bodily harm on November 5, 2011, and an allegation of affray.
The jury was directed to find Collins not guilty by the trial judge at the close of the prosecution case and the remaining three defendants were found not guilty by the jury.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Mitchell told the court he had gone outside shortly after midnight to speak to someone about an incident involving one of his friends inside the club and claimed that “all hell had broken out” with a lot of pushing and shoving during which he fell to the ground.
He described being surrounded by a group of people who were kicking and punching him and alleged that someone had stood on his face
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
After the incident he had gone back inside the club and had been taken to hospital after collapsing and having a fit.