Stowmarket Half-Marathon off because of icy roads on the course
- Credit: Archant
The Stowmarket Half-Marathon has had to be cancelled because of icy conditions on the route.
More than 600 people were due to take part in Sunday’s race which was due to start from Buxhall at 11am, but after looking at the course early in the morning organisers had to cancel the event.
They are now looking to see if there is an alternative date when it can be run – and contacted as many entrants as possible to let them know what had happened.
Their message said: “It is with regret that we write to advise that due to adverse weather conditions today’s race has been cancelled as the roads are icy and unsafe.
“The matter will be discussed within the club in due course and we will advise any updates to competitors entries once a decision has been made.”
You may also want to watch:
The annual event always attracts a good turnout – and about 600 people had been due to take part in it.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 3 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 4 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 5 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 6 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 7 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 8 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 9 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 10 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds