Stowmarket: Investigation launched as woman is raped in alleyway
A woman was raped in an alleyway after she was grabbed as she walked through an alleyway in a Suffolk market town.
A 36-year-old woman reported the attack to police yesterday after being sexually assaulted near Tavern Street, Stowmarket, between 11.10pm-11.45pm on Sunday.
Last night officers setup cordons around a parking area near the road and the junction of Violet Hill Road in the town while detectives carried out enquiries.
The woman was approached by a man in the alleyway from behind before he grabbed her and carried out the attack. He then ran off towards Violet Hill Road.
The man is described as white and he was wearing a dark coloured top or jacket.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are carrying out enquiries and will be speaking to people in the vicinity through house to house calls.
Were you in the area between the stated times? Did you see any suspicious activity or have any information which could help police with their enquiries?
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 7 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 8 Biker breaks collarbone in swerve to avoid car on wrong side of road
- 9 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-1 win against Fleetwood
- 10 Photos released in connection with two indecent exposure incidents
If so contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.