Stowmarket: John Peel Centre wants budding musicians for showcase night
- Credit: Andrew Partridge
A growing arts centre is calling on budding musicians to come along and perform at a showcase night for new talent.
The John Peel Centre for Creative Arts, in Stowmarket, is gearing up for a new season of performances with one evening now devoted to find the next Ed Sheeran.
The centre has teamed up with Suffolk Acoustic Showcase to put on the sessions promising some of the best singer-songwriters in the region.
Director, Andrew Stringer, said: “This is an exciting strand to our musical offer here at the John Peel Centre, if we can be a part of sharing and growing the talent of Suffolk, this is what we are passionate about which is why we are making these events free to enter.
“Friday night is the first Suffolk acoustic showcase and it looks like this could be a regular event.”
The first performance, which is free of charge, will begin tomorrow at 7.30pm and will see performers including singers, acoustic guitarists and percussionists play.
Acts confirmed to perform include Elephant in the Room, James Morgan, Lucy Sampson, John Samuels, Fern Teather, Daniel Storey, Keith Sadler, Justine De Mierre, Steven Lay and Vixxzi.
- 1 Travellers pitch up at popular park in east Suffolk town
- 2 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 3 Police attending 'incident' near town centre
- 4 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's Carabao Cup exit
- 5 Suffolk villagers say 70 homes development creating 'dust storm'
- 6 Keogh: Why I've joined Town and what I'm here to do
- 7 'Quite different to traditional gyms' Suffolk gym with a difference opens
- 8 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their Colchester loss
- 9 Man bitten by dog during fight in east Suffolk street
- 10 Buy the bread everyone’s raving about at new Suffolk cafe
Carl Scott, volunteer organiser said: “This is a great chance for people to get access to great acoustic music for free in a great venue.
“Suffolk has a brilliant array of singing and song-writing talent and we hope Friday night will be the first of many events to showcase and share this music.”
Anyone interested go to the Suffolk Acoustic Showcase’s webpage on Facebook or www.johnpeelcentreforcreativearts.co.uk