Boys have bags and electric scooter taken in knife-point robbery
- Credit: Archant
Two boys had their bags and an electric scooter taken in a knife-point robbery in Stowmarket.
An 18-year-old has been arrested in connection with the incident which occurred at around 7.25pm yesterday evening, Wednesday, September 23, in Verneuil Avenue.
Two teenage boys reported being robbed at knifepoint by two other males.
Two bags - one belonging to each victim - containing various items of property, and an electric scooter were stolen during the incident.
Police were called and subsequently arrested an 18-year-old man from Stowmarket on suspicion of robbery, a short distance away from where the incident occurred, at 8.25pm.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning and has been released on bail until Wednesday, October 14, pending further enquiries.
Detectives currently understand that at least one of the suspects is known to the victims.
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 6 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 7 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 8 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 9 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 10 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
Anyone with information should contact West CID at Bury St Edmunds Police Station on 101, quoting reference 55630/20.