Boys have bags and electric scooter taken in knife-point robbery
- Credit: Archant
Two boys had their bags and an electric scooter taken in a knife-point robbery in Stowmarket.
An 18-year-old has been arrested in connection with the incident which occurred at around 7.25pm yesterday evening, Wednesday, September 23, in Verneuil Avenue.
Two teenage boys reported being robbed at knifepoint by two other males.
Two bags - one belonging to each victim - containing various items of property, and an electric scooter were stolen during the incident.
Police were called and subsequently arrested an 18-year-old man from Stowmarket on suspicion of robbery, a short distance away from where the incident occurred, at 8.25pm.
He was taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning and has been released on bail until Wednesday, October 14, pending further enquiries.
Detectives currently understand that at least one of the suspects is known to the victims.
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 3 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 4 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 5 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 6 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo
- 7 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 8 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 9 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 10 Woman receives life ban from owning dogs after sheep were mauled
Anyone with information should contact West CID at Bury St Edmunds Police Station on 101, quoting reference 55630/20.