Stowmarket: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after hit-and-run
A MAN has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after a hit-and-run accident in Stowmarket early today.
At around 1.40am a man was found on Navigation Approach having been hit by a car. There were no vehicles at the scene but the incident is believed to have involved a Land Rover.
The ambulance service was called to the scene and the man was taken to West Suffolk Hospital. He sustained a number of injuries, which are not thought to be life threatening. He remains in hospital today in a stable condition.
This afternoon, police said they had arrested a 24-year-old man from Bury St Edmunds on suspicion of attempted murder.
He was taken to the Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre where he is being questioned.
You may also want to watch:
Police are continuing to appeal for anyone who witnessed the incident to contact Bury St Edmunds CID on 101.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 8 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 9 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 10 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies