Stowmarket man to face judge over accusation he caused more than £10,000 of damage to cars
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A Stowmarket man is due to appear at crown court next month, charged with causing more than £10,000 worth of damage to parked cars on his way home from a night out.
George Tanase gave no indication of plea at his first hearing before magistrates in Ipswich on Monday.
The 22-year-old, of Gipping Place, in Bury Road, was accused of using a key or similar item to vandalise 13 cars belonging to 12 people, including £3,357.80 worth of damage to a Porsche Cayman and £1,260.44 to a Toyota Auris, in Stowmarket on October 8 last year.
Prosecutor Ian Devine said the value of the alleged damage exceeded the sentencing powers of magistrates and that the matter should be committed to the crown court.
Solicitor Shade Abiodun, representing Tanase, made no representations on behalf of her client.
You may also want to watch:
Tanase was released on unconditional bail to appear before a judge at Ipswich Crown Court on March 12.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 8 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 9 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 10 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt