Stowmarket: Museum of East Anglian Life gets reboot with new branding
- Credit: Archant
THE boss of the Museum of East Anglian Life has said it is an “exciting time” for the venue as it launches its new branding.
The work has been possible thanks to an £80,000 Arts Council grant which has also helped create a new website and contributed towards the museum’s work with children with learning disabilities.
Tony Butler, director of the Stowmarket-based museum, said: “It’s really exciting what has happened to the place over the past couple of years.
“This year we have more events and activities than ever before. It’s a really positive and exciting time at the museum – there is lots to do and say. We hope the response will be more visitors.
“The grant has enabled us to really promote the breadth of work we do here – it’s not just about being a museum, we do work with volunteers, work with people with disabilities and training work with unemployed people.”
An Apple software ‘app’ has been launched which can be used by visitors walking around the museum.
The museum held a special event to mark its new branding which was launched by Stowmarket town mayor Anne Whybrow.
- 1 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 2 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 3 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 4 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 5 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 6 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 7 'I'm not bothered... he can go' - Pearson on Town target Bakinson
- 8 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 9 Town working on loan deal for Bristol City midfielder
- 10 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's