Stowmarket: Music on the Pitch event attracts more than 2,000 to Stowmarket Town Football Club
- Credit: Archant
A football club’s music and fun day reached new levels with its biggest ever crowd.
Stowmarket Town Football Club’s Music on the Pitch attracted more than 2,000 people meaning the bar almost ran out of drink.
Terry Graham, the club’s events organiser, said: “It was absolutely fantastic, we had the best day and 2,000 plus people which doubled the bar takings; it went very well. It was the best day ever; last year there were about 500-to-800 people throughout the day and night.
“We almost ran out behind the bar but we scraped through to the end of the evening.”
The free event, which was hosted on the club’s pitch, saw seven bands perform from 3.15pm on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Graham added: “This was the event’s fourth year and it has taken a long time to get recognised. This year we changed the name from Fun Day which has possibly helped, people see it as more of an all-rounder.”
All of the proceeds will go to the football club.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 5 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 6 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 7 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 8 Hospital waives car parking charges for 'those who need it most'
- 9 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 10 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said