Stowmarket/Norwich: Clive Howard, of Stowmarket, charged with Norwich car park rape
- Credit: Archant
A Stowmarket man has been charged with rape, after a woman in her 20s was attacked close to a Norwich pub.
Police charged the man tonight, after the sexual assault in the St Helens Wharf car park, close to the Adam and Eve pub.
The woman was attacked between midnight and 12.30am on Friday morning.
The man who has been charged is Clive Howard, 56, of Bury Street in Stowmarket.
He will appear before Norwich Magistrates Court on Monday morning.
You may also want to watch:
The car park near the Bishopgate pub was sealed off on Friday and the nearby River Wensum was searched as police investigated reports of the assault.
Police are still keen to hear from any witnesses, who should contact Detective Sergeant Chris Burgess on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 6 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast
- 7 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 8 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 9 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 10 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart