Person dies after being hit by train near Stowmarket
- Credit: Archant
A person has died after being hit by a train near Stowmarket, a spokesman for train operator Greater Anglia has confirmed.
The incident happened shortly before 6.30pm on Saturday, September 14.
A spokesman for the train provider has today confirmed that the person involved in the collision has died, but was unable to provide any further details.
Rail passengers are still facing disruption as a result of the incident, with five services between Ipswich and London Liverpool Street currently cancelled.
Further cancellations are in place from Ipswich to Norwich as part of planned track renewal works, with replacement bus services running between the two stations until 3am Monday.
Full list of cancellations Between Ipswich and London
11.43am Ipswich to London Liverpool Street
- 1 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 2 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 3 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 4 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 5 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 6 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-1 win against Crewe
- 7 5 roadworks for Suffolk motorists to plan their journeys around this week
- 8 Truck overturns on wet, slippery road near Stowmarket
- 9 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 10 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
1.30pm London Liverprool Street to Ipswich
3.43pm Ipswich to London Liverpool Street
5.30pm London Liverpool Street to Ipswich
7.43pm Ipswich to London Liverpool Street