Person dies after being hit by train near Stowmarket
- Credit: Archant
A person has died after being hit by a train near Stowmarket, a spokesman for train operator Greater Anglia has confirmed.
The incident happened shortly before 6.30pm on Saturday, September 14.
A spokesman for the train provider has today confirmed that the person involved in the collision has died, but was unable to provide any further details.
Rail passengers are still facing disruption as a result of the incident, with five services between Ipswich and London Liverpool Street currently cancelled.
Further cancellations are in place from Ipswich to Norwich as part of planned track renewal works, with replacement bus services running between the two stations until 3am Monday.
You may also want to watch:
Full list of cancellations Between Ipswich and London
11.43am Ipswich to London Liverpool Street
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 4 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 5 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 6 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 7 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 8 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 9 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 10 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
1.30pm London Liverprool Street to Ipswich
3.43pm Ipswich to London Liverpool Street
5.30pm London Liverpool Street to Ipswich
7.43pm Ipswich to London Liverpool Street