Stowmarket: School closed because of gas leak

STOWMARKET Middle School was closed today because of a gas leak.

The school’s heating and hot water supplies were shut off while National Grid engineers fixed the leak.

School bosses confirmed this afternoon that the Walnut Tree Walk site would reopen as normal on Monday.

A National Grid spokeswoman said that the school was the only building affected. She said they had been called yesterday to a gas leak in the pipe leading up to the gas metre. The valve is being replaced and she said the supply to the school should be back on later today.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus