Stowmarket: Striders stepping up for marathon challenges
- Credit: Archant
A RUNNING club has been helping members gear up for marathon season - and for some the big day is nearly upon them.
Runners from the Stowmarket Striders, including our marathon columnist Jo Stephenson, will be taking part in the Brighton marathon this Sunday.
“They have all been training for months, through the long, hard winter, running hundreds of miles in the process,” said Emma Yarrow, spokesman for the club.
“And to add to their efforts and spur them along they will be raising thousands of pounds for a range of different charities.”
Jo will be joined at the start line in Brighton by Liz Beighton, Megan Thompson and Vicky Moseley.
And next weekend running colleagues Tim Larke, Rob Kett, Tamara Jordan, Jenny Bird, John Craddock and Richard Nash will all be taking on the world-famous Virgin London Marathon course.
Not to be outdone, other club runners are preparing for their own marathon challenges.
- 1 Travellers pitch up at popular park in east Suffolk town
- 2 Tributes paid to 'very nice couple' found dead at home
- 3 Suffolk villagers say 70 homes development creating 'dust storm'
- 4 Woman in her 80s dies after being pulled from the sea
- 5 Crews battle huge 15-acre fire in mid Suffolk village
- 6 10-acre field fire breaks out in south Suffolk village
- 7 Coastguard and police called to incident at Essex beach
- 8 Here's what Town fans are saying about Keogh signing
- 9 Lowestoft man died after paramedics mistakenly told he had taken heroin
- 10 'Save water' Suffolk households urged as hosepipe bans imposed elsewhere
Emma added: “You will be able to spot Stowmarket Striders’ distinctive yellow and black colours at marathons around the UK, Europe and the world.
“Runners from the Stowmarket club will be racing to fulfil dreams, achieve personal bests and even celebrate birthdays. Some have even moved into ultra marathons.
To find out more about Stowmarket Striders visit www.stowmarketstriders.org.uk