Stowmarket: Striders stepping up for marathon challenges
- Credit: Archant
A RUNNING club has been helping members gear up for marathon season - and for some the big day is nearly upon them.
Runners from the Stowmarket Striders, including our marathon columnist Jo Stephenson, will be taking part in the Brighton marathon this Sunday.
“They have all been training for months, through the long, hard winter, running hundreds of miles in the process,” said Emma Yarrow, spokesman for the club.
“And to add to their efforts and spur them along they will be raising thousands of pounds for a range of different charities.”
Jo will be joined at the start line in Brighton by Liz Beighton, Megan Thompson and Vicky Moseley.
You may also want to watch:
And next weekend running colleagues Tim Larke, Rob Kett, Tamara Jordan, Jenny Bird, John Craddock and Richard Nash will all be taking on the world-famous Virgin London Marathon course.
Not to be outdone, other club runners are preparing for their own marathon challenges.
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 3 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 4 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 5 'This club is going to be flying next season' - Dyer on 0-0 draw at Shrewsbury and Vincent-Young injury
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 WATCH as man calmly rips wooden gate off hinges before walking away
- 8 See inside abandoned hotel with swimming pool as it goes up for auction
- 9 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 10 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
Emma added: “You will be able to spot Stowmarket Striders’ distinctive yellow and black colours at marathons around the UK, Europe and the world.
“Runners from the Stowmarket club will be racing to fulfil dreams, achieve personal bests and even celebrate birthdays. Some have even moved into ultra marathons.
To find out more about Stowmarket Striders visit www.stowmarketstriders.org.uk