Stowmarket: Warning given to drivers before police parking action
A warning has been given to drivers before a police operation begins targeting motorists who flout parking rules.
Officers in Stowmarket will soon be out in the town penalising people disobeying parking regulations.
The move follows an increase in the number of drivers causing obstructions and the number of complaints received.
Pc Andrew Martin said: “The town centre is visited by a large number of vehicles every day and this is sure to increase as Stowmarket expands.
“Some blue badge owners assume as there are no road markings that it is completely legal to park along these two roads, but this is not the case. They must park in the designated disabled bays as shown on the road signs. Stowmarket offers ample disabled parking, put in place by Suffolk Highways to complement the restrictions and allow traffic to flow freely through the town.”
You may also want to watch:
Police will issue reminder leaflets and posters before the operation starts on November 4.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 7 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-1 win against Fleetwood
- 9 Plans for Scandinavian-inspired holiday chalets in Suffolk
- 10 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-1 victory over Fleetwood