Stowmarket: Woman in 70s dies after car found in ditch
- Credit: Archant
A WOMAN in her 70s died after her car was found in a ditch near Stowmarket yesterday.
The single-vehicle incident happened on Forest Road, Onehouse at around 5pm.
A red Daihatsu left the road and came to a stop in a ditch, a police spokesman said.
The spokesman added: “Fire, Ambulance and the Air Ambulance also attended but the female driver of the vehicle, who was in her 70s, sadly died on scene.
“The road was closed for a period of time for collision investigators and diversions were put in place.”
You may also want to watch:
An ambulance spokesman said: “We were called at 4.58pm and sent a rapid response vehicle, ambulance, air ambulance and duty officer. The vehicle involved had landed in a ditch.
“Despite the best efforts of crews, the woman sadly died of her injuries at the scene.”
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 8 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 9 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
An East Anglian Air Ambulance spokesman said: “Despite the best efforts of all those at the scene, unfortunately nothing could be done to help this patient. Our thoughts are with their family and friends at this sad and difficult time.”
Police are appealing for witnesses. Anyone with information can call 101.