'Loving' father-of-three dies in hospital days after Earl Stonham crash
- Credit: Suffolk police
The wife of a father-of-three who died five days after a serious crash in Earl Stonham has paid tribute to the "loving" 26-year-old.
Connor Ruffles, from Stowupland, was involved in a crash just before 6.50am on Thursday, July 1 on the A1120 at Bell's Lane.
The crash involved a white Ford Transit Connect van and a grey Skoda Octavia.
Fire and ambulance crews were called to the scene and the driver of the van had to be extracted from the vehicle.
He was subsequently flown by air ambulance to Addenbrooke’s Hospital with life-threatening injuries, where he sadly died on Tuesday, July 6.
Subject to confirmation at formal inquest proceedings, the man has been identified as Connor Ruffles, aged 26, from Stowupland.
Mr Ruffles’ wife said: "Connor was a loving husband, son, brother and father to three children. He will be dearly missed by all that knew him.”
- 1 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 4 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 5 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 6 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 7 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 8 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 9 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 10 Is this the most perfect pizza in Suffolk?
Officers would like to hear from anyone who saw either vehicle immediately prior to the crash, or who was driving along the A1120 between the A140 and Stowupland between 6.40am and 6.50am on Thursday morning and has a dashcam fitted in their vehicle.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit, quoting reference: 35276/21.