Strawberry time for Strictly’s Tom Chambers
IT was all the strawberries but no cream for Strictly Come Dancing winner Tom Chambers who was in Essex yesterday to start a traditional charity race.
The former star of Holby City was joined by Rebecca Grant who plays Daisha Anderson in the popular programme as they started the traditional Tiptree Strawberry Race.
Held in the strawberry fields on the Wilkin & Sons’ farm, the event saw the regular Tiptree pickers competing in the race to raise funds for the Royal Agricultural Benevolent Institution (RABI) which is celebrating its 150-year anniversary.
In the space of just an hour – a tonne of “Little Scarletts” were picked, enough to make 5,000 jars of conserve and the efforts saw �4,000 raised for charity.
This year the regular pickers and special guests competed for the title of best picker in their group and the overall best and fastest picker.
You may also want to watch:
Rebecca and Tom were representing the Lady Taverners, a charity aimed at giving young people, particularly those with disabilities, a sporting chance and received a donation from the company towards its work.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 5 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 6 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 7 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 10 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown