Students celebrated at annual graduation ceremony
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of students were celebrated in the annual graduation ceremony held by the University of Suffolk at West Suffolk College.
Family, friends and civic leaders joined proud students who received their degrees during a prestigious ceremony at St Edmundsbury Cathedral on Saturday.
The event started with a procession through the Abbey Gardens to the cathedral before the traditional graduation ceremony and celebration afterwards.
Our photographer captured the happy students and their families celebrating their achievements.
More than 250 students graduated in a range of subjects and courses - 51 with first class honours and four with distinctions in their foundation degrees.
You may also want to watch:
There were also 12 prizes awarded to inspirational students who were nominated by tutors and sponsored by businesses and organisations across the region.
Rachel Kirk, head of higher education at West Suffolk College, said: "These students are the embodiment of the character strengths we seek to instil in all of our students.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 3 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 4 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 8 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 9 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 10 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
"Some may have faced pressure, adversity and setbacks, but everyone has carried on. These students refused to give up on their dreams. We are immensely proud of them"