Students to collect awards at inaugural Kind Edward VI School awards evening at St Edmundsbury Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
Students at King Edward VI School in Bury St Edmunds will collect awards at an evening to celebrate achievement at St Edmundsbury Cathedral.
The inaugural awards evening is designed to honour the achievements of 220 pupils over the last academic year.
The students, their families and friends, staff, governors, special guests and Bury Schools’ Partnership colleagues will all gather at the cathedral on November 9 at 7pm.
Guest speaker Jo Churchill MP will deliver a talk about the school’s core values, and the school’s symphony orchestra and flagship choir, Ex Silentio, will perform.
Lee Walker, headteacher said: “We are delighted to have this opportunity to celebrate outstanding achievement with our students and their families, and to recognise all of the hard work and effort that has gone into these individual successes.
You may also want to watch:
“We are also very pleased to be welcoming Jo Churchill as our guest of honour for the evening, and look forward to her words of wisdom and inspiration.”
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 3 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 4 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 5 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 6 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 7 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker in Cavendish
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 10 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead