Sudbury: Casualty freed from car stuck in ditch
THREE people were injured after an accident near Sudbury today.
The crash happened shortly before 2.20pm in Assington Road in Newton.
Two fire crews from Sudbury fire station, another from Long Melford and one from Colchester were alerted and arrived at the scene to discover the two-car smash.
One of the cars involved had ploughed into a ditch trapping one person inside.
A spokesman for the fire brigade said by 2.50pm the casualty was released from the car in the ditch and all three people were being assessed by paramedics.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman from the East of England Ambulance Service said nobody needed to be taken to hospital and were checked over at the scene.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 6 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe car park
- 7 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 8 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 9 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 10 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm