Sudbury informal walking group announce new schedule
- Credit: Archant
The new schedule for walks through the north Essex and south Suffolk countryside has been released by the Friends of Walking for Wellbeing group.
The friendly informal group has the aim of continuing the Walking for Wellbeing programme previously run by Braintree District Council by offering free walks in the two counties.
The walks are led by an experienced volunteer leader, who guides the group across the Suffolk and Essex countryside.
The new programme of weekly half-day rambles kicks off on Tuesday, September 5, with a 3-mile walk from Earls Colne – meeting at 10.30am at Queens Road by the Co-op.
The following day, there is a walk from Castle Hedingham lasting around two hours and meeting at 10.30am near the Memorial Hall, Church Lane.
There is no booking, participants can just turn up, suitably equipped for the weather and content to walk at their own risk.
For more information, click here to view the schedule or contact 01787 374096.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 3 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 4 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 5 Villages shock as seven Suffolk postboxes stolen in 10 days
- 6 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 7 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
- 8 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 9 6 roadworks to avoid in Suffolk this week
- 10 'Ludicrous' - Stanley boss on 'big turning point' in Town loss