Man arrested minutes after being seen ‘waving a knife around’ in the street
- Credit: Archant
Police were called to Sudbury yesterday evening after reports that a man had been seen ‘waving a knife around’ in the street.
Officers were called to Cavendish Way at 5.25pm on Wednesday, July 8, and were immediately dispatched to the area, arriving with minutes.
Witnesses reported seeing the suspect run off into a block of flats nearby, and the building was searched.
A 36-year-old man from Sudbury was found inside and arrested on suspicion of possession of a knife in a public place at 5.33pm.
The man was taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre and he remains there for questioning.
You may also want to watch:
A knife was located and seized after officers searched the area outside the building.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 5 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 8 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 9 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 10 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future