Sudbury/Lowestoft: Overnight house blazes see man rescued and duo arrested on suspicion of growing cannabis
TWO people were arrested on suspicion of cannabis cultivation after a house fire in Sudbury.
Neighbours raised the alarm after seeing flames in the living room of a property in Belle Vue Road around 1am today.
Crews from Sudbury and Long Melford put out the blaze before police arrested a 41-year-old woman and a 29-year-old man on suspicion of cultivating cannabis.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said officers would be returning today to establish how much cannabis was at the property.
Hours earlier a man was rescued by fire crews after house blaze in Monckton Crescent, Lowestoft.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said the ground floor flat was “heavily involved in fire” when they were scrambled around 10pm yesterday.
They rescued one man before putting him in the care of paramedics - it’s unclear at this stage how serious his injuries are.
- 1 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 4 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 5 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 6 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 7 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 8 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 9 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 10 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'