Sudbury man jailed for sex assault
- Credit: Archant
A Sudbury man who sexually assaulted a pregnant woman has been jailed for 14 months.
The woman, who was 34 weeks pregnant, sat down on some steps to have a cigarette near Kenneth Cox who had a glass and a bottle of wine.
Cox told her she had nice legs and touched her inner thigh, said Michael Crimp, prosecuting.
He had then tried to touch her arm and when she moved away he had followed her and put his hand on her baby bump
Cox, 59, of Lucas Road, Sudbury, admitted sexually assaulting the woman, who is in her twenties, in May this year.
You may also want to watch:
In addition to being jailed he was ordered to sign the sex offenders’ register for seven years.
The court heard that Cox was jailed for four months in July last year for sexually assaulting a 45-year-old woman in Mundesley, Norfolk.
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 6 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 9 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 10 Woman found dead in country park is named
Cox, who was not legally represented, said he was extremely sorry for any distress he had caused.
He said he was approaching his 60th birthday and realised it was time for him to give up pursuing women who weren’t in his age group.