Sudbury man jailed for sex assault
- Credit: Archant
A Sudbury man who sexually assaulted a pregnant woman has been jailed for 14 months.
The woman, who was 34 weeks pregnant, sat down on some steps to have a cigarette near Kenneth Cox who had a glass and a bottle of wine.
Cox told her she had nice legs and touched her inner thigh, said Michael Crimp, prosecuting.
He had then tried to touch her arm and when she moved away he had followed her and put his hand on her baby bump
Cox, 59, of Lucas Road, Sudbury, admitted sexually assaulting the woman, who is in her twenties, in May this year.
In addition to being jailed he was ordered to sign the sex offenders’ register for seven years.
The court heard that Cox was jailed for four months in July last year for sexually assaulting a 45-year-old woman in Mundesley, Norfolk.
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 East Suffolk Council to form new company to deliver services after Norse contract ends
- 3 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 4 'I absolutely hate it' - Pigott on 'massively frustrating' start to life at Town
- 5 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 6 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 7 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 8 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 9 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 10 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo
Cox, who was not legally represented, said he was extremely sorry for any distress he had caused.
He said he was approaching his 60th birthday and realised it was time for him to give up pursuing women who weren’t in his age group.