Accident rescue charity and popular show given £1,000 boost
- Credit: Archant
A housebuilder is handing over vital funding to two a life-saving charity and a popular annual show.
Suffolk Accident Rescue Service (SARS) and Haverhill Show are the latest recipients of Persimmon Homes Community Champions cash awards, with each scooping £1,000.
The national match-funding initiative was set up to support the charities and organisations working to improve the quality of life or environment for local people.
Based in Woolpit, SARS relies completely on donations and fundraising to maintain emergency care, assisting critically ill and injured patients in the area.
The funding will help towards new equipment and training for new and existing responders. Anyone interested in supporting the charity can find out more at www.sars999.org.uk
You may also want to watch:
Over the past five years Haverhill Show has raised more than £20,000 for nearby projects and charities, filling the recreation ground with stalls and activities for all ages.
This year’s show, on Sunday, July 15, included live music, a dog show, Zumba and clubbercise sessions and a baby show. For more information visit www.haverhillshow.co.uk Organisations can apply for match funding by visiting www.persimmonhomes.com/charity
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 8 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 9 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 10 Suffolk holiday accommodation reaching capacity ahead of re-opening