5 Suffolk stars who have featured in Holby City as BBC axes show
- Credit: BBC/Kieron McCarron
Hospital soap Holby City, which has featured a number of Suffolk actors over its 23 years, will come to an end next March.
The BBC hospital drama, a spin-off of Casualty set in the same fictional hospital, debuted in 1999.
A BBC statement said the corporation is "incredibly proud" of the show but has confirmed its last episode will air next year.
Here are five actors with Suffolk connections that have starred in the drama over its run.
You may also want to watch:
Arguably the most famous name on this list, Roberts, who was born in Woodbridge, played registrar and surgeon Joseph Byrne for 13 years on Holby City.
Roberts has also appeared in one episode of HBO blockbuster series Game of Thrones.
- 1 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 2 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 3 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 4 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 5 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 6 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 7 Sweltering Suffolk could see hottest day this year ahead of thunderstorms
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 Driver taken to hospital after crashing into wall
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
Hudd, who passed away aged 83 last year, lived near Stowmarket up until his death.
The comedian and presenter appeared in Holby City in 2014 as Clive Lloyd, having also starred in fellow BBC drama Call the Midwife.
Dickinson trained at the prestigious East 15 Acting School in London, but is a former Sudbury Upper School student.
In two episodes from 2013, he played Hamish Richards.
As well as featuring in a minor role in Holby City, he also has credits in CBS' Ransom and a number of independent films.
Born in Great Cornard, Marshall portrayed registrar Ed Keating on the show between 2002 and 2004.
Marshall has also featured in Casualty, Band of Brothers and Law & Order: UK.
Ipswich's Capasso has more recently moved into Albert Square for a role in EastEnders, but she has previously appeared in Holby City - playing minor character Melany Bicks in 2018.
Capasso went to school in Kesgrave and worked at Renaissance hairdressers in Ipswich before her big break in acting.