Suffolk: After a glorious day of sunshine, temperatures are set to dip
- Credit: Archant
GLORIOUS sunshine and warm temperatures saw people take to the beaches and parks of Suffolk in their droves yesterday.
Forecasters have said it was the hottest day of the year so far – but now we are in for a period cool and unsettled weather.
Temperatures today are expected to reach highs of about 13C, which will be the same top temperature for Saturday and Sunday as well.
Craig Snell, a forecaster at the Met Office, said there will be scattered showers over the next days but there could be some sunny spells.
On Sunday it will be mainly dry with sunny spells.
Mr Snell said: “It is turning cooler and that will be the theme for the next week.
“It is not a complete write-off, there will be days with some showers but there will be some sun shine as well.”
- 1 Travellers pitch up at popular park in east Suffolk town
- 2 Suffolk villagers say 70 homes development creating 'dust storm'
- 3 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 4 Police attending 'incident' near town centre
- 5 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's Carabao Cup exit
- 6 Keogh: Why I've joined Town and what I'm here to do
- 7 Man bitten by dog during fight in east Suffolk street
- 8 Buy the bread everyone’s raving about at new Suffolk cafe
- 9 Investigation launched after two bodies found
- 10 'Quite different to traditional gyms' Suffolk gym with a difference opens
Temperatures are also expected to remain at about 12-13C into next week.