Weather disruption in Suffolk and Essex - More than 100 roads closed including A14, A140 and A137, schools closed, rail service disruptions and power cuts due to high winds
We will be updating this page with details of disruption brought by the high winds.
Highways England confirmed that Suffolk police had closed the Orwell Bridge this morning. It reopened at around 9am.
Drivers have taken diversions through Ipswich, where many or the roads are reported to be gridlocked – with a number of roads blocked due to fallen trees.
The AA’s travel map shows heavy traffic and congestion in many parts of Ipswich, as well as Colchester, Bury St Edmunds and Stowmarket.
Suffolk Constabulary said it had received 145 calls about highways disruptions - nearly all of them since 5am.
Road closures include:
You may also want to watch:
• The A140 between the A14 and A1120 due to a fallen power line.
• Cox’s Hill, A137, in Lawford, which is blocked by a tree
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 6 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 7 From obscurity to a nailed-on starter - Donacien's remarkable Town journey
- 8 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 9 Nsiala on his injury return, a rollercoaster Town career and 'hugging it out' with boss Cook
- 10 'It was always going to be' - Cook confirms Morsy as Town's club captain
• Belstead Road, Ipswich, which is blocked by a tree
• B1079 in Grundisburgh
• Nacton Road Ipswich
• Ancaster Road, Ipswich
• A1071, Hadliegh
• High Road West, Felixstowe
• Lower Street, Ufford
• High Road, Trimley St Martin, (reopened 6.50am)
• A tree is reported to have hit car in Mersea Road Colchester
More to follow