Temperatures drop as low as -3.9C as Suffolk and Essex experience coldest night of this winter
- Credit: Gianpiero Ferrari FRPS
Suffolk and Essex have experienced their coldest temperatures of this winter, forecasters have reported.
Dan Holley, a forecaster at Weaterquest, said overnight temperatures had dipped as low as -3.9C in Santon Downham, near Thetford.
Weather stations in Writtle, Wattisham and Cavendish also recorded the coldest overnight temperatures of this winter.
At around 6.30am, Mr Holley tweeted: “Coldest night of the season so far, with Santon Downham already down to -3.9C, and could go a touch lower in the next hour or so.”
The forecast for the rest of today is for a frosty start but staying dry with long sunny spells.
You may also want to watch:
It is expected to turn hazy at times this afternoon as high cloud spills southwards.
Maximum temperatures are expected to be 7-9C.
- 1 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 2 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 5 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 6 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 7 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 8 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 9 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 10 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash