Latest coronavirus infection rates revealed for Suffolk
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
New Government data on coronavirus infection rates has shown how case numbers are changing in Suffolk and north Essex.
The latest infection rate stats for Suffolk show that 42 cases were reported in the county on October 8, compared to 44 the previous day.
This brings the current total number of reported cases in the county to 3,528 since the pandemic began
Of these new cases most were in East Suffolk, which recorded 12 new cases followed by West Suffolk with 11.
There were six in Mid Suffolk and Babergh and seven in Ipswich.
You may also want to watch:
Over the border in north Essex there were nine new cases in Tendring and four each in Braintree and Colchester.
On Friday it was revealed that the R Rate in the East of England had risen to 1.3-1.6 up from 1.0 - 1.3 last week.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 8 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 9 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 10 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
Cases in the county remain relatively low compared to the rest of the country.