Suffolk: Appeal to catch county’s most wanted man
Police have today released an image of Suffolk’s most wanted man.
Detectives are renewing their appeal for information on the whereabouts of Alfie Smith, who is deemed Suffolk’s most wanted individual and is also wanted by Essex Police.
Smith is sought in connection with conspiracy to commit burglary and money laundering offences which were committed in the Babergh, St Edmundsbury and Mid Suffolk districts between May 2009 and February 2010.
Some 70 premises were affected, ranging from residential sheds and garages to farm outbuildings, business premises and ATMs.
Stolen or cloned vehicles were used during the offences and items stolen range from power tools and high-specification landscaping machinery to cash and cigarettes.
You may also want to watch:
The 31-year-old is white, about 5ft 9in tall, of large build with short brown hair. He has a number of scars on his face and tattoos on both arms. His last known address was in Barnardiston and he is known to have contacts across the country.
He is wanted for recall to prison by Essex Police.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 4 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 5 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 6 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 7 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 10 Mum 'shocked' to be given car park fine while breastfeeding child
Anyone with information in connection with the whereabouts of Alfie Smith is urged to contact Suffolk Police on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.