Suffolk: Arrests made in county during National Crime Agency operation
- Credit: citizenside.com
Six Suffolk men have been arrested as part of a National Crime Agency operation relating to child pornography.
The operation, which was conducted over a week, saw a total of 24 individuals arrested across six counties. Multiple people in positions of trust, as well as two registered sex offenders, were arrested.
Those detained are suspected to be involved in the distribution of indecent images of children.
Andy Baker, deputy director of the agency’s Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre said: “The possession of indecent images of children is a form of child sexual exploitation that requires no direct interaction with a victim, but causes considerable harm to those who are depicted.
“The National Crime Agency will work tirelessly with partners, both within the UK and overseas, to ensure those who pose a risk to children are identified and where a crime has been committed, are held accountable for their actions.”
You may also want to watch:
A Suffolk police spokesman confirmed a 43-year-old man and a 61-year-old man from the Beccles area were arrested as well as a 41-year-old man from Haverhill, a 39-year-old man from Ipswich, a 31-year-old man from Hadleigh and a 48-year-old man from Stowmarket.
All of the men have been released on bail. Four people, who were arrested in Norfolk as part of the operation, have all been released on bail. The operation was conducted in partnership with constabularies in Suffolk, Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire, Norfolk, and the West Midlands police forces.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 6 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn