The EADT says...Tougher punishment needed for those who attack police officers
- Credit: Archant
They put themselves in harm’s way to protect us from danger.
Yet while any police officer would expect to experience a certain amount of risk as part of their job, they should never have to face it from the very people they are there to protect.
Reports that officers have to face people hitting, kicking and spitting at them is something no-one should ever have to experience when they are settng out to do good in the community.
Yet these incidents seem to have become so common that many officers talk about them as an occupational hazard they have come to expect.
It should never accepted as just part of the job. You should not have to nurse cuts, bruises or broken bones just for doing your job - and serving the public at that.
You may also want to watch:
For those that do lash out at police, there need to be much tougher penalties - it is the only way to stop protect the people who protect us.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 5 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 6 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 7 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 8 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's
- 9 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 10 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child