Suffolk: beer expert to pick the nation’s favourite brew
A Suffolk-based beer and pub expert has helped to pick the nation’s best beer.
Frances Brace deployed her niche knowledge of the pub industry yesterday as a judge in the grand final of the Sainsbury’s Great British Beer Hunt at Oxo Tower in London.
Twelve beers reached the finals of the competition. The winner was Batemans B Bock, which was described by Brace as “malty, strong and full of character”, and will go on sale in 300 Sainsbury’s stores.
Frances, of Red Flame Communications, also served as a judge at the Champion Beer of Britain Awards and the Norfolk Food and Drink Awards earlier this year.
“The Great British Beer Hunt is highly regarded throughout the brewing industry so relished the idea of being involved,” said Frances.
You may also want to watch:
“The panel tried some of the best bottled beers in the country, judging them on appearance, aroma, flavour, mouthfeel and aftertaste. Brewing is one of the things that Britain does well and East Anglia does extraordinarily well.”
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 5 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 6 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn