Care home staff thanked for combined total of 125 years’ service
- Credit: Archant
A group of staff members at a care home near Bury St Edmunds have been recognised for a combined total of 125 years of loyal service.
The team of 11 staff at Fornham House residential home in Fornham St Martin were each given a framed certificate at a special presentation ceremony.
Valerie Crascall, a member of the activities team, was recognised for dedicating 30 years to the home, and Madonna Devereux was thanked for 20 years of service as a general assistant.
A further nine members of the team were thanked for dedicating between five and 15 years each.
Staff members recognised were: Valerie Crascall, activities coordinator – 30 years; Madonna Devereux, general assistant – 20 years; Kendra Radford, laundry assistant – 10 years; Anca Ungureanu, care assistant – 10 years; Nadine Elston, domestic – five years; Jackie Everitt, senior care assistant – five years; Samantha Turnbull, head of care – five years; Janet Cox, care Assistant – 15 years; Magdalena Nowalinska, head housekeeper – five years; Connie Banham, cook – five years; Daniel Phillips, head chef – 15 years.
You may also want to watch:
Stuart Coleman, care home manager, said: “Our home is a wonderful place for our residents, and that is entirely down to the fantastic team of staff that work so hard every day, creating a home from home environment for them.
“We’re extremely proud to have a team of staff that have dedicated so many years to supporting our residents and it was very special to recognise them in this way.
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 5 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 6 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 7 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 8 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 9 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first
- 10 'They have big dreams... we're in great hands' - Town favourite Yallop on his links to new US owners
“I’d like to thank them all on behalf of the home, for everything they do.”