Reindeers to visit care home
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk care home will be transformed into Santa’s grotto as residents celebrate the run-up to the festive season.
The Stowlangcroft Hall Nursing Home has invited families and children to visit their winter wonderland on Saturday, November 10.
The fair will feature over 25 market stalls selling food, crafts and the main attraction of the live deer.
Alex Ball, group operations coordinator at Stow Healthcare Group said: “Animals in care homes have a huge impact on resident well-being and this is going to be a real festive treat and help us to kick off the festive season in style.
“In the summer we had a beach style day with real donkeys, some of them were even able to go into the ground floor rooms and visit the residents who were unable to walk.
You may also want to watch:
“Days like this are so important to the residents and they help to give them a fun day with their families.”
“We hope to replicate that with the reindeer this weekend.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 4 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 9 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 10 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw
The Christmas fair is free to enter and will be held between 2pm-5pm at Stowlangtoft Hall, Kiln Lane, Stowlangtoft, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP31 3JY.
For more information call 01359 300470.