Volunteer recruitment day in Stowmarket hailed as success
- Credit: Archant
A Stowmarket charity held a successful event to encourage more people to sign up as volunteers in the area.
Red Gables – a wellbeing hub – held the event at its Redwoods Centre on October 9, and 25 charitable organisations attended including Suffolk Axis, West Suffolk Sight, Suffolk Family Carers, Suffolk Wildlife Trust and The Befriending Scheme.
Organisers hailed the success of the event, with BSEVC, which provides community transport services, taking on a new driver and disability charity Suffolk Axis signing up a volunteer for their ‘Drop-in’ sessions.
Martyn Burnside, Red Gables manager, said: “Other organisations are telling us that they have been talking to a good number of potential volunteers as well.
“We were delighted with the success of the event and now plan to organise this as an annual event.”
Nearly 70 people came along to the event throughout the day, including Stowmarket town mayor Linda Baxter, who spent time talking to organisations and visitors.
For more information about volunteering in Stowmarket, contact 01449 673947 or email email@example.com
- 1 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 4 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 5 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo
- 6 Woman receives life ban from owning dogs after sheep were mauled
- 7 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 8 Driver arrested for being four times over legal limit
- 9 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 10 'That is the calibre'- Oxford boss on potential transfer move for Norwood