Suffolk children’s author visits Moreton Hall Preparatory School to deliver workshops
A Suffolk children’s author, storyteller and comedian hosted an afternoon of workshops at a Bury St Edmunds school this week.
James Campbell, author of the Boyface series, visited Moreton Hall Preparatory School on Tuesday to tell stories and inspire children to write.
James, who grew up in Cambridgeshire, has visited more than 2,500 schools since 1996 and his mix of stories and poems had pupils hanging off his every word.
Lorna Wakerell, head of pre-prep at the school, said: “It was wonderful to see the children laughing from start to finish and every child from four years-old to 13 left the room inspired to write.
“James had them glued to his hilarious storytelling and left them realising that the craziest of ideas can be turned in to a story. A fantastic afternoon
You may also want to watch:
was enjoyed by all.”
There are currently four titles in the Boyface series and James will release two new different books next year.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 6 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 7 'It was a bit of a heavy weight' - Cook on Evans, Morsy and the Town captaincy
- 8 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 9 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 10 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions