Suffolk Coastal: Passenger-friendly upgrade for rail car parks
IMPROVEMENTS to two train stations are nearing completion which should make life easier for rail passengers.
The finishing touches are being put to an extra 30 car parking spaces at Wickham Market Station, in Campsea Ashe, along with a new off-road bus stop.
Meanwhile, 25 extra car parking spaces are being created at Melton Station, near Woodbridge.
The Campsea Ashe improvements have been made possible thanks to a grant of nearly �50,000 from the Local Authority Business Growth Incentive Scheme, which is handed out by the Government to help encourage business growth.
The Melton works – which should finish in three weeks – received �40,000 from the same initiative.
You may also want to watch:
The scheme rewards councils that promote economic growth in their areas, by allowing them to keep a share of increases in revenue derived from business rates. The improvements are being led by Suffolk Coastal District Council in partnership with Network Rail, National Express East Anglia and Suffolk County Council. Colin Hart, Suffolk Coastal cabinet member for economic development, said he hoped the improvements would encourage improved business links for the district.
- 1 Married Matt Hancock accused of affair after he is pictured kissing aide
- 3 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 4 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 5 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 6 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 7 Town considering move for Birmingham striker Cosgrove
- 8 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 9 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 10 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift