College tutor scoops national accountancy award
- Credit: Archant
A West Suffolk College tutor who has trained more than 700 accountants scooped a national finance award for her work.
Angela Demoore, from Bury St Edmunds, who is subject leader in accounting and finance, won the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) Champion of the Year award at a glittering ceremony in Winsdor.
The tutor at the Bury-based college spent 20 years in the finance industry before using her experience to shape and inspire the next generation of budding accountants.
Angela said: “I feel very honoured and proud to have received this award.
“Studying AAT allowed me to develop my career, inspiring me as I trained as an accountant myself, in both construction and manufacturing industries, as well as the non-profit sector.
You may also want to watch:
“Having come into education, I feel privileged to be able to share my experiences with my students and help guide them into their own career paths using the AAT qualification to propel them on their way to new opportunities.”
- 1 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 £1m renovation on Suffolk castle will change the appearance
- 4 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 5 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 6 Revealed: The most popular names for babies born in Suffolk in 2020
- 7 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 8 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 9 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 10 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees