Burglar spotted hopping over Ipswich garden fence after attempted break-in
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A would-be burglar was spotted jumping over a Suffolk garden fence after the occupant was alerted to noises coming from the rear of his house.
Suffolk police are appealing for witnesses to the alleged attempted burglary, which took place at a property in Bramford Lane, Ipswich, at around 6.15am on Monday.
A man living at the property went into the garden to investigate after being alerted by noises in the area.
He saw a man in a light grey tracksuit jumping over his fence into the garden next door and realises his window had been forced open with an unknown instrument, damaging the kitchen door,
No one had entered the house and nothing was stolen.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is described as a white, aged his mid 30s, of stocky build and 5ft 6-7ins tall.
He was wearing a light grey tracksuit with the hood up. There were no logos, patterns or motifs on the tracksuit and he was also wearing light grey tracksuit bottoms.
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 3 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 4 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 5 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 8 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 9 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces three Wembley dates as part of = world tour
Witnesses are asked to contact Ipswich CID on 100, quoting crime reference 37/13455/18 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.