Inquest hears man found dead in Leiston was 22-year-old Cameron Watker
- Credit: Archant
A 22-year-old Suffolk man was found hanged in his home town, an inquest heard.
Coroner Kevin McCarthy opened and adjourned an inquest into the death of Cameron Watker this morning.
He said Mr Watker, who was from Leiston, was found in the town on April 24 of this year by a member of the public.
Mr Watker’s death was confirmed by a paramedic at the scene.
A post-mortem examination found the cause of death to be “hanging”.
You may also want to watch:
Police confirmed shortly after the incident that officers had been called to the scene at around 6.20am.
The body of a man was discovered shortly after they arrived. A police cordon was put in place.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 3 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 6 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 7 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 8 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 9 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 10 'It wasn't good for all our hearts' - Roberts delight after Town comeback win
Mr McCarthy adjourned the inquest until July.